Driving sales to your business is the name of the game whether your business is an MLM business or any company for that matter. And today what better way then by using the internet, but to do that you need a webpage. Assuming that you have already decided on what to call your domain, registering it with a service provider such as Go Daddy, is your next step before having it hosted. I personally use Host Gator as a hosting service. This whole process can be a bit daunting if this is your first time, but what I like about Host Gator is their cPanel and the Fantastico interface.
If your domain is registered with Go Daddy like mine and you want it hosted on a Host Gator server, here is the walkthrough that I used. (You can of course have your domain registered and hosted on the same site if you choose.)
1. Log into your Go Daddy account.
2. Go to title bar and click on the "My Account" tab.
3. Below your listed domains under "My Products" bar, click on the "domains button."
4. At the right end of the domains bar click on the "Launch button."
5. It will now list all of your registered domains. Check the boxes of those domains that you want to manage, in this case those domains that you want pointed to the Host Gator website. By doing so all of the icons in the above bar are now lit up and accessible.
6. Choose the "names server" icon. It will give you two choices, choose the "set nameservers" option.
7. In the box that comes up choose "I have specific nameservers for my domains", and fill in only those that were emailed to you from Host Gator when you signed up to have your domains hosted with them. They will probably have given you two nameservers. Four blank boxes will show, leave the extra two boxes empty.
8. Click "OK".
9. A window will come up stating that you may have to wait from two hours to several days for this to take effect, chances are it will happen in minutes, just so you know.
Pointing your domain to a different website is not the same as transferring them. Do not let the boxes on the right side of Host Gator header confuse you as that interface is for moving and registering your domains with Host Gator, it is not for just pointing your domains to them for hosting, while leaving them still registered with Go Daddy.
The following is a walkthrough for getting your domain hosted by Host Gator.
1. When you activated your account with Host Gator they emailed you with all of your account info. It should have had a link to your cPanel. (I find it useful to have all of my links bookmarked in my bookmark bar in my browser.) "Click on that link now and bring up your cPanel."
2. Scroll down the cPanel page to the "Domains" bar
3. Click on the "Addon Domains" icon under that bar.
4. In the "New Domain Name" field enter your full domain name as yourdomain.com
5. The rests of the fields will fill in automatically.
6. You must enter your password that came in the email when you activated your account with Host Gator.
7. Then click on the "Add Domain" button on the bottom of the page and you are now finished with getting your domain hosted with Host Gator.
The final and last step is getting WordPress installed. Remember WordPress.org is WordPress' business blog service and it is for anyone serious in doing business on the Internet. It is for self hosted websites and it gives you many options needed for a meaningful website to promote your MLM business on line. You own and control all of the content and can host your own email accounts. WordPress has their non-business blog service at wordpress.com and it is more for the hobbyist, and non-serious business person.
1. Two menu bars below the Domains bar in your cPanel you will find the "Software/Services" bar, click on the "QuickInstall" button.
2. This takes you to the QuickInstall page, find "WordPress" under the Blog Software bar and click on it.
3. You will see "continue" in the right hand column, click on it.
4. Go to the box with the title, "Install WordPress" and choose the domain name that you want to use the WordPress software with.
5. I believe that you can fill out "Admin email, Blog Title, and First and Last Name" at a later date if you choose, then click on the "Install now" button.
6. Remember to bookmark your site and back office for ready access.
7. Your back office in WordPress with the tools to create your web page should have an address something like this yourdomainname.com/wp-admin.
Now that your webpage is up and running learning how to make it found by the search engines particularly Google is of utmost importance if you are really serious about driving traffic to your website to grow your MLM business, because without traffic you have no business.